This course was designed for keepers, educators, volunteers, and anyone who communicates to guests and visitors. We have created a hands on, interactive approach to interpreting our message and highlighting our conservation goals to the public. The course is broken down into 2 main parts. Interpenetrating and communicating with our visitors and designing and developing educational programs. After completing this course you will be a much more effective interpreter and have the skills and resources to create new content and educational offerings.
Topics Covered Include:
- Interpretation 101
- Animal Ambassadors
- Engaging Diverse Audiences
- Program Design and Development
- Regulations and Liability
- Resources and templates
- Inspire interpretation excellence
- Introduce principles of interpretation
- Develop skills and techniques
- Best Practices in ambassador animals
- Create programs using templates and standards
- Provide resources
This course is traditionally offered at the start of annual Conference. Additionally, the course is offered at other times of the year in various locations. If you are interested in hosting this course at your facility, please contact us.